As a phd student I am wondering whether or not to list supervised students on personal website (I am tending to a "yes"). Would you only list masters/bachelor student or also other student projects?
I am also not sure, how much information is reasonable. Just the name/title? Abstract? Current position?
Are there any legal issues I should keep in mind?
I cannot comment on the legal issues: I'm not a lawyer and you don't specify which country you are in.
In any case, I'd ask them a written consent before listing any information. In particular:
- In the consent form, report clearly which items are going to be listed.
- In the consent form, specify the time frame along which you plan to show that information.
- In the consent form, specify that they can withdraw the consent any time and you will oblige.
- I'd list only name, title and possibly abstract.
- I wouldn't list the current position because it is typically subject to change without notice.