1. About
  2. Features
  3. Explore

I want to fund basic research, particularly one research lab which does what I like. Can someone point me to resources on how to set up a fund to support the research? The fund would be in USA, and the lab is overseas.

1 Answer 1

Talk to your attorney or certified public/chartered accountant and the development or giving department at the university in question. Both deal with these kinds of issues constantly. You need tax advice in your location and giving advice in theirs. These are common questions for universities which like to receive charitable donations and want their donators to be best advantaged in their contributions. They may be able to recommend attorneys and accountants with experience in donation laws in your and their jurisdictions.