1. About
  2. Features
  3. Explore

I have recently got a MKS Gen L V1.0 board and 5 TMC2130s. (X, Y, two Z, E). I have wired it all up and uploaded Marlin 1.1.9 and after some quick troubleshooting I got the motors moving. Next day I tried it again and it gave me this error:

E0 driver error detected: overtemperature short to ground (coil A) short to ground (coil B)

with the following driver debug report: (notice that the extruder driver doesn't show up)

 X Y Z Enabled false false false Set current 800 800 800 RMS current 795 795 795 MAX current 1121 1121 1121 Run current 25/31 25/31 25/31 Hold current 12/31 12/31 12/31 CS actual 12/31 12/31 12/31 PWM scale 10 10 10 vsense 1=.18 1=.18 1=.18 stealthChop true true true msteps 16 16 16 tstep 1048575 1048575 1048575 pwm threshold 0 0 0 [mm/s] - - - OT prewarn false false false OT prewarn has been triggered false false false off time 5 5 5 blank time 24 24 24 hysteresis -end 2 2 2 -start 3 3 3 Stallguard thrs 8 8 0 DRVSTATUS X Y Z stallguard sg_result 0 0 0 fsactive stst X X X olb ola s2gb s2ga otpw ot Driver registers: X = 0x80:0C:00:00 Y = 0x80:0C:00:00 Z = 0x80:0C:00:00 

I did some research and found that you shoul change the CS pin for that stepper and so I did. I tried almost every available pin on my board but no luck. The only change I got was when I wired it to pin 11 and got this:

E0 driver error detected: overtemperature short to ground (coil A)

I have the Watterott TMC2130 SilentStep Sticks and have examined the board which seemed correct. Is all wired correctly. Tommorow I will try to switch the driver to one from another axis and try to switch the stepper to see if anything changes, but it seems to me that it shouldn't since it worked for some time.

1 Answer 1

I have fixed it. I tried uploading the buxfix version of Marlin and no luck. Then I noticed a loose jumper wire that connected the driver to the board and when reinstalling it I noticed it didn't grip the pin that strongly and could be easily pulled off so I switched the wire and everything works now. Turns out that even jumper wires can have a bad connection. Hope this helps someone.