Recently I had submitted a paper to a conference. It got accepted for presentation. But I could not attend the conference. However, I had registered for it and paid my participation fee. My paper has also been included in the conference proceeding.
My question is how will I treat this paper:
- Can I include it as a conference paper in my CV?
- Can I submit it to another conference?
- Can I submit it to a journal for publication?
I understand that part of this question is highlighted in previous questions e.g. Am I allowed to submit to a journal, a paper that was accepted to a conference but not presented yet?, but I need a specific and straight forward answer.
If it's published in the conference proceedings, it's published.
- You can list it as a conference publication in your CV.
- You can't publish it again in conference proceedings.
- Regarding publishing it (or an extended version) in a journal, see Under what circumstances can one republish a conference paper/presentation? especially this answer.