I did calibrate the extruder to extrude exactly 50/100 mm and it is fine. I have replaced the old (prehistorical) extruder that was giving me the problem with a new one. The issue does not go away. It is severely under extruded. The nozzle is a 0.4 mm, if I extrude manually the extrusion is nice and clean but when printing its a mess. I have the following setting in Slic3:
- Layer height: 0,16
- First layer height: 0,16
- Filament diameter: 2,94
- Extruder temperature: 184°C
- Extrusion multiplier: 1
- Fill density: 15%
In Marlin I have the following setting for the extruder:
- Steps per unit: 1450 (I use micro steps)
- Default acceleration: 3000
- Default retract acceleration: 3000
- Default Ejerk: 5
How can I solve this problem?
This is a 20 mm cube I stopped after 15 layers!
Looks to me like you have your slicer set to 3mm filament when you're using 1.75mm filament. Confirm that your slicer has its filament setting set to 1.75mm and not 3mm (this obviously assumes you are using 1.75mm filament..)
- Test extruder steps/mm
- Ensure nozzle diameter is set correctly (usually doesnt make too much difference anyway...)
- Ensure extrusion multiplier is set correctly.