Testing my new Wanhao i3+. PLA plastic(Wanhao), basic normal quality settings in Cura (I guess 0.1 mm layer, 40 mm/s speed, 60c bed temp, 200c extruder temp). After 1.5 hours of printing quality degraded, it makes some loose structure.
Edit: After finish I noticed that problem exists only in layers where it cycles printing/no printing. There is no problem on layers where it print continuously.
What is the reason can be and how can I fix that?
It definitely looks like under extrusion.
- First thing I would check is the filament feeder to make sure it has a good grip in the filament.
- After that I would do another print to see if the problem is repeatable.
If it doesn't repeat, it may have been
- A temporarily clogged nozzle
- The filament was undersized in that segment and the filament feeder lost its grip.
- The extruder got to cold for some reason in that segment and the feeder couldn't push the material through the extruder fast enough.
If it does repeat:
- Re-inspect the filament feeder
- Try increasing the the extruder temp to say, 225.
- Try turning off retraction to see if it is related to those settings.