I just got a Monoprice MP Mini Delta from an Indiegogo Campaign, but it came with no printed docs.
How do I get started?
Turns out an out of date manual was on the sd card that was included with the printer. But it was definitely out of date, as it referenced UI items that don't exist, and files that weren't on the SD card.
Resources and sample files
- A very helpful Facebook group has a bunch of files that are good sample prints. If your manual says you can print a
cat.gcodeyou've got an old manual.
- Note: Don't try and just google
cat.gcodeas I did. The model I found rammed the print head right into the bottom of the printer. The correct model works great (actually called auto00.g on the SD card)
- Another great reference site appears to be https://www.mpminidelta.com/, and this reddit
Common Problems and Solutions
The following are some problems I had and their solution
Can't print custom models
If you find you can print prebuilt gcodes fine (cat,viking,toothless), but can't seem to print any other models without the print head ramming into the bottom of the printer and going off to the side, you probably haven't setup the autoleveling gcode that's required. You can add something like the following line to your software, in a "startup" gcode section. This is detailed in the manual (just search for G29), and more info can be found here
; auto-levels the build plate with a overall vertical ; offset of 0.3mm with a center offset of -0.8mm G29 C-0.8 Z0.3
First layer doesnt stick
If you find your first layer isn't sticking, or it seems like the plastic is balling up, you need to adjust your startup gcode line mentioned above , so it has a lower Z offset, like Z0.25 for example
G29 Z[offset] ; raises G29 Z-[offset] ; lowers
- Please try a positive offset value first.
- Each printer will require fine tuning in regards to the offset value.
- Start with a higher value and decrease as necessary to get good first layer adhesion.
- Using a negative offset value may send the nozzle digging into the build plate.